Internet Banking Guide and FAQs
What Is Internet Banking?
Our online Internet Banking facility assists our members in obtaining information on their accounts, paying bills and transferring funds.
- Pay bills via BPAY
- Display transaction details
- Print statements
- Transfer funds within your membership
- Transfer funds to other memberships (subject to authorisation)
- Transfer funds to another Financial Institution
- View loan, term deposit, payroll details
- Obtain interest earned details
Since the introduction of Internet Banking, members have taken to the new service with enthusiasm. While feedback has been generally positive, a few members have had questions about Internet download speeds, Using BPAY, accessing Internet Banking for the first time and who to contact when problems arise. We hope that the following information may help.
Information for First-Time Users
How Do I Apply For Internet Banking?
You can apply by speaking to one of our Sales Consultants on (03) 5560 3900
Can I Change The Password?
Yes. The system will require you to change your password the first time you use Internet banking. The password must be a minimum of 4 characters and can be a combination of the numbers 0 - 9 and/or letters A – Z. Passwords are case sensitive.
You can change your password at any time and is recommended that you do so on a frequent basis for your own security.
You can change your password while logged into Internet banking under “Personal”.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on security of your access code.
Information for Everyone
What If I've Forgotten My Access Code Or It Does Not Work?
You must notify the Credit Union that your access code is not working or you have forgotten your code. The Credit Union will issue you a new code after they have performed the appropriate identity checks.
How Do I Transfer To Other Accounts within the Credit Union?
You can transfer funds within your own membership once you have been given an access code. If you wish to transfer funds to another membership within the credit union this can be undertaken within Internet Banking.
Can I Transfer Funds To Another Financial Institution?
Yes. You can transfer funds to an external bank account providing you have the BSB, account number and account name. Please ensure the correct details are provided to avoid payment being delayed or returned. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on processing EFT transactions.
Is BPAY Available Through Internet Banking?
Yes, you can pay any bill displaying the BPAY logo using Internet Banking.
How Do I Print A Statement Through Internet Banking?
To view your full transaction history, select the "Account Information" menu item. You can view your transaction history in one of two ways:
- click on the folder icon next to the account number/name; or
- select "Transactions" from the side menu. This gives you the ability to tailor the transaction listing you see (eg to view certain types of transactions or transactions between certain dates)
To print your transaction history, click on the "Printable Version" icon on the page.
Are There Any Associated Fees?
Please refer to our fees and charges to ascertain if a fee applies.
Internet Browser Tips
Things you can do to make your Internet browser run more effectively are:
For Internet Explorer users:
- Click on the "Tools" menu from your browser toolbar, then click Internet Options.
- Click on the "General" Tab, you will find the "Temporary Internet Files" section. Click on "Delete Files, then OK.
For Netscape Navigator users:
- Click on "Edit" and select Preferences.
- Under the Advanced menu, click "Cache". Click on the "Clear Disk Cache Now", then click OK.
This will remove all files in the Temporary Internet Folder that slow the running of your Internet Browser. In addition to the above, if you have a Windows-based system, you should run Windows Scandisk and Disk Defragmenter regularly. Both can be found at: Start>>Programs>>Accessories>> System Tools.
Errors - Root Certificate
As of 7th January 2003, users of older internet browsers may encounter a dialog box indicating the root certificate has expired. You will be able to continue browsing, but you will not be using the latest secure technology. The following browsers will support the most recently issued Global server certificates:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 (build number 5.00.2920) or later
- Netscape Navigator & Communicator 4.6 or later
To check the version of your current browser, go to the 'Help' menu and select 'About'.
Note: To upgrade your version of Internet Explorer or Netscape
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Go to the Microsoft Download Centre at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en and search for your Internet Explorer for your operating system
Go to http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp to download the latest version of Netscape
To ensure that there is no unauthorised access to your membership:
- Access will be locked after 3 incorrect attempts at logging in to Internet Banking. After midnight, your account will be automatically 'unblocked' and you will be able to gain access again by entering a correct password
- If you are logged-on and have not used it for a period of 5 minutes, you will automatically be logged-off and will need to re-enter your member number and password
- The access code that you are issued on registration will only be valid for 30 days; after this time has expired you will need to register again
- After 90 days of inactivity from last successful log in your access will be deleted and you will need to register again
- Notify address and contact details immediately
- Examine your periodical statement immediately upon receiving it to identify and report, as soon as possible, any instances where the Internet Banking service has been used without your authority
- Check your last log-in details which will appear on the Introduction page every time you log into the Internet Banking service and notify us immediately if the last log-in details are incorrect.
- If your account becomes locked, it will then be necessary to contact us to request that your Internet Banking access be reinstated.
© 2012 South West Credit Union Co-operative Limited | ABN 44 087 651 705 | AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 241 258 | BSB 803 073