117 Lava St Warrnambool, Vic 3280
Requesting a new PIN
From time to time you may need to request a new PIN or change your existing PIN on your access cards.
Visa Debit or RediCard
If you already know your PIN you can change this at South West Credit's rediATM or at a number of other rediATMs Australia wide. You will know if the rediATM you are using has this function if you see the 'change PIN' option on the screen after you've entered your PIN.
Alternatively if you do not know your PIN you can come into our Branch with your card and photo identification to select a new PIN of your choice. If you are unable to call into the branch to change your PIN please contact us on (03) 5560 3900.
PINs and passwords
Think of your chosen security PINs and passwords as your electronic signature. To protect these private details you should:
- make sure your card doesn't leave your sight when making EFTPOS transactions and always cover your hand when entering your PIN.
- never write down your PINs or passwords and they should never be recorded on or near your cards.
- commit your PINs and passwords to memory.
- destroy any PIN notifications from your card issuer when you have committed the PIN to memory or changed it to the PIN of your choice.
- choose words or numbers that you can remember but avoid things that others could guess such as your date of birth, postcode, telephone number or simple sequences such as 1234.
- never give anyone your PIN over the phone. Your card issuer will never request this information from you.
- avoid using the same password or PIN that you use for other services such as your mobile, email accounts or your video store.
© 2014 South West Credit Union Co-operative Limited | Warrnambool | ABN 44 087 651 705 | AFSL / Australian Credit Licence 241 258 | BSB 803 073